Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Mardi Gras - Fat Tuesday

Today is fat Tuesday (also known as Mardi Gras which is French for fat Tuesday). Basically fat Tuesday is a day to party and gorge yourself prior to the start of Lent. During lent (at least on Ash Wednesday and Good Friday) your supposed to fast and not supposed to throw parties or have marriages (still allowed but discouraged).

I don't really do anything different today then other days, except for eating Paczki (jelly filled doughnuts). I've never gone to a mardi gras celebration/parade but have seen them on TV and movies. I think I'd like to see one in person once but I don't really like to travel. I could go to one of the local restaurants that celebrate Mardi Gras but I don't drink alcohol and I don't really like New Orleans food that much.

No comments: